The Protank series of bottom coil clearomiser are beautiful attachments. The advantage of bottom coils is that liquid will always pool at the base of the tank due to gravity. This keeps it always in close proximity to the atomiser, reducing the risk of wicking issues and accompanying dry burn. In this case, the atomiser is dual coil meaning there are two resistance wire coils to heat up allowing greater contact with the liquid and fuller vape. Protanks are easily rebuildable meaning the atomiser can be unscrewed from the base and replaced (sold separately) when you feel it isn't giving you quite the vape it did before.
The tank body is constructed entirely from pyrex glass and stainless steel. It features no glue points and be completely disassembled by unscrewing. The advantage of pyrex is that it can be used with any e-liquid. Certain e-liquids, such as certain mint, cinnamon, fennugreek and citrus flavours, can weaken the plastics of other tanks over time. The miniprotank is 14mm wide (as wide as an ego battery) and able to hold 1.5ml of liquid.
At the top of the protanks is an attractively designed removable 510-sized drip tip in stainless steel. Alternatively, it can be replaced by another differently styled one to make your attachment unique to you.
The mini protank connects via an ego thread
How to use
- Turn protank upside down.
- Unscrew the metal base of the protank from main tank body.
- Check that atomiser (small pillar attached to base) is firmly screwed in place to removed base.
- Pour liquid down inside edge of metal tank rim.
- Reattach base to protank.
- Turn protank the correct way up and attach to battery.
- Cover the airholes round the base and suck a few times without pushing the firing button. This helps draw liquid onto the wicks.
- Leave for 2 minutes for liquids to wet before firing.