What is it?
A clearomiser is a clear tank containing a dual coil (BVC) 1.8ohm atomiser (clear tank + atomiser = clearomiser). The atomiser is two coils of wire, arranged vertically like a chimney, that heats up enough to vapourise the liquid stored in the tank. K-1 versions have changeable parts, allowing them to be rebuilt. Atomisers are consumable items (they wear out over time), but one of the advantages of the K-1 is that you can just replace the atomizer inside to refresh your vape at a fraction of the cost of the entire unit. Moreover, the 1.8ml capacity of each clearomiser means there can be plenty of vaping between refills and through the window you can always see how much you have left.
How to use
- Unscrew the base of the K-1 clearomiser from the metal tank.
- Invert the tank and slowly pour liquid into the clearomiser from the open bottom. Try not to overfill above the central air tube.
- Screw the base back onto the tank of the atomiser.
- Screw the entire K-1 to the top of the battery.
- Cover the small airholes in the base with your fingers and do a few quick sucking draws on the drip tip to force liquid onto the coils.
- Press the battery's button 5 times to turn on.
- Hold button as you draw in from the drip tip (think sucking a milkshake through a straw). Don't activate without liquid in to avoid damaging the clearomiser's wicks.
- Breathe out a pleasant cloud of vapour.
- Press the battery's button 5 times to turn off when you're satisfied.
The most common error with K-1 is that people do not notice the atomiser has come unscrewed. To remedy, unscrew the base of the clearomiser and retighten the central atomiser to the base. The atomiser is the central metal tube rising from the base. Once confirmed, screw the base back inside the tank and reattempt vaping.